Am I A NUDIST OR EXHIBITIONIST Friendship Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jul 07, 2005 at 11:19 PM

that has been my question lately am I both, is it possible? I have never been to a nude evnvironment b 4 so i have no idea what to expect or behave but I am so willing to find out, if I have company with some one to do the guiding.I fell more comfortable without my cloths on and wish that society will permit me to be free.but I like to wear realving clthes when I can and i enjoy the fellings i get, so help, what am I?. I will like to make friends with males and famales just like me.
  • 62Comments

• View author's info Posted on Sep 15, 2017 at 04:57 PM

Well I think the majority of nudists who go nude around others are a bit of both.  However, if you will only go nude when no one else is around then you are just a nudist.  I am definitely both, and would gladly go nude in front of any number people (clothed or unclothed), unless I was in an environment where I was unsure if one's nudity would be unacceptable to those people or there was a chance of being arrested for being nude.  I certainly like being looked at when Im nude, and get a little disappointed if others dont look at me, so I guess Im definietly both a nudist and an exhibitionist (but not to the point where I may offend the general public.

• View author's info Posted on Aug 23, 2017 at 09:02 AM

Quoting barenecessity:

Dear MeMyselfAndI,

By definition in the dictionary, you are not strictly speaking, an Exhibitionist; unless you have a compulsive desire to draw attention to yourself or to display your genitals in public. Therefore, a nudist is not strictly speaking an exhibitionist. A Nudist is someone who practices not wearing clothes (by definition). I will admit that there is a very fine line, but never-the-less.... the two do not go hand-in-hand. You may be simply a Nudist, but others may quite easily view all Nudists as Exhibitionists. Let it all hang out babe, nothing to be ashamed of!

I agree that by the textbook definition of exhibitionism, very few nudists actually are.  It's only when the sole purpose of nudism is to get aroused by showing your genitals, and people looking at it, that it becomes "true" exhibitionism in its dictionary definition.

Somehow, the enjoyment of interacting and people seeing you naked, and "pushing the envelope" in terms of public nudity has been lumped into exhibitionism, thereby "muddying the waters", so to speak.

Personally, I've liked it when I go to a nudist resort and people see me walking into the pool area naked.  My wife has enjoyed approving glances and compliments when she's naked.  When she's sitting or lying with her legs open, she doesn't mind people looking at her.  She actually smiled and joked with a guy once as she realized that while she was bent over going through her bag, she was presenting him with an unobstucted close-up view of her bottom.  She has socialized and participated in events, being the center of attention, and has enjoyed it.

She has walked naked down the driveway, rode naked in the car, walked naked on a public beach (at night) and other public nudity "flashing."

If she had done all those things for a sexual thrill, she could probably be classified as a textbook exhibitionist.  But she actually did all those things out of "naked self-confidence."  And confidence is often misinterpreted as exhibitionism.

• View author's info Posted on Sep 01, 2013 at 09:32 AM

I am always completely open and honest about the fact that I enjoy exhibitionism to a certain degree. I think it is a completely natural part of who we are, as humans. I refuse to believe that there's anything at all "wrong" with it. I don't think there is no need to answer the question "am I this or that" to account for my honest instincts. It's one thing to enjoy being naked for the sensuality of it, and the aspect of being seen and appreciated. It's quite another to be invasive, lewd, and creepy. In other words, we don't have to equate the mere enjoyment of "exhibitionism" with sexual deviance.

• View author's info Posted on Jun 23, 2013 at 02:42 PM

Think its strange but I am a shy man yet an exhibitionist, love to be seen naked. strange or what!!
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 11, 2013 at 07:08 PM

I am certainly both..
    I love the sensual feeling of being nude, especially outdoors on a warm day, and even if I am alone.
    I do however love being seen naked.
    I love the experience of being casually naked with other adults.
    I get a small continuous thrill being seen naked, showing my body to everyone.
    I've spent time at nude resorts, and there is something very exciting about casually walking into a room naked with other naked people.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 09, 2013 at 07:19 AM

i think to be a nudist you would have to some what an exhibitionist. i feel im both
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I'm a nudist, and care about how I look.  I try to stay healthy, eat bad foods in moderation and work out in a gym and pool to stay fit for a long and enjoyable life.  I tan, only so that I don't burn when I am totally naked and enjoying activities in the out-of-doors.
    For me, being naked is a freedom that I enjoy; feeling warm tropical breezes on my naked body.  I love the feeling, not any response that may happen, of being naked and feeling nature on my bare body.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Mar 27, 2012 at 07:26 AM

I am one....
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 21, 2011 at 06:25 PM

Well, I know for a fact, I am an exhibitionist. I love to be nude with others. I don't think that I'm exceptionally good looking but I just enjoy being seen.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jan 13, 2011 at 07:25 AM

I'd have to say that I'm a bit of both.

As a nudist, I love the freedom of being able to be outdoors on a nice day without having to wear clothes. Also enjoy swimming naked - it's amazing how confining a swimsuit feels after you've skinny dipped.

But there is another side to me that is definitely exhibitionist. It's a turn-on for me to be nude in mixed company. I enjoy the thrill of others (women) seeing my naked body, knowing that they're also letting me see them naked.
  • View author's info Premium Posted on Oct 28, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Hi,

You have a good question. I have been to a nude beach a few times. I go mostly to soak up the sun. I look around and everyone is enjoying life.

from,

Jason

• View author's info Posted on Dec 20, 2009 at 10:48 AM

Hi! I know I'm coming to this conversation late but thought I'd put in my two cents.
    MemyselfandI only you know what your motivation is for wanting to be naked, but consider something for a moment. True exhibtionism is a totally different animal from just being a nudist or naturist. An exhibitionist might come in many forms but mostly they want to shock, excite a response from others or is a cry to be noticed.
    Perhaps what your feeling isn't exibitionism at all but just being proud of the body you were given and feeling open to being seen by others. There is nothing wrong with that it is natural and normal to feel a certain element of that as you join a more social setting. I get the feeling that your not that old and to feel concern over these kinds of things is also normal but unnecessary in most cases. You will find in the nudist and naturist community a gentleness and acceptance you will rarely experience anywhere else. Take it easy on yourself and stop worrying, take time to become one with nature and get to know others that feel the same desire to be nude. Good luck and God Bless
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 07, 2009 at 08:56 AM

Dear MeMyselfAndI,

By definition in the dictionary, you are not strictly speaking, an Exhibitionist; unless you have a compulsive desire to draw attention to yourself or to display your genitals in public. Therefore, a nudist is not strictly speaking an exhibitionist. A Nudist is someone who practices not wearing clothes (by definition). I will admit that there is a very fine line, but never-the-less.... the two do not go hand-in-hand. You may be simply a Nudist, but others may quite easily view all Nudists as Exhibitionists. Let it all hang out babe, nothing to be ashamed of!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Feb 17, 2009 at 08:01 AM

The distinction between the two is quite simple. In order to be an exhibitionist, you have to derive sexual pleasure from exposing yourself to others without their prior knowledge i.e. surprise. Flashers on the street or subway are a good example.

Voyeurs, on the other hand, derive sexual pleasure from watching others, without their knowledge i.e. Window peeping.

Otherwise, you are just a person who likes to be nude in social settings (or for some people, in the privacy of their own home or a person who likes to watch others have sex with their knowledge.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 26, 2009 at 04:46 PM

Quoting mimyselfandI:

that has been my question lately am I both, is it possible? I have never been to a nude evnvironment b 4 so i have no idea what to expect or behave but I am so willing to find out, if I have company with some one to do the guiding.I fell more comfortable without my cloths on and wish that society will permit me to be free.but I like to wear realving clthes when I can and i enjoy the fellings i get, so help, what am I?. I will like to make friends with males and famales just like me.

OK, here's the simple test:
    If you can walk around WITHOUT getting aroused, you're a nudist/naturist. If you get off having OTHERS be aroused by you. you're an exhibitionist.
    The question becomes, WHERE is the line between the two??

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jan 12, 2009 at 03:07 PM

I think I'm a bit of both, esp as I dont have any hang ups about who sees me, and even enjoy the comments I sometimes get.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 29, 2008 at 01:27 AM

HI, THERE ISN'T ANY REAL REASON WHY YOU
    CAN'T FIND HAPPIENESS BEING BOTH. WEARING REVEALING CLOTHING CAN BE VERY
    EXCITING BUT WHEN WORN IN AN INOPPROPREATE PLACE, LIKE CHURCH, WELL
    YOU GET MY POINT. ENJOY YOURSELF JUST IF
    YOUR GOING TO GET FREAKY MAKE SURE YOUR
    WHERE IT CAN BE APPRECIATED...FRANK
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 28, 2008 at 01:50 AM

You are right, Alida. As nudists, we like to look and to be seen. We should be proud of our bodies--so why not show them off?
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 22, 2008 at 01:39 PM

When I was young I used to go diving naked and as I grew up I completedly moved away. I have the impression when I am naked people see you as exhibitionist.

I would love to go to a nudist beach and walk without feeling those clothes on me. Just FREE. I have never met a parner who enjoy nudism.
Follow - email me when people comment